openEO submitted to OGC for consideration as an OGC community standardWritten on December 6, 2023 by Matthias Mohr.
The openEO PSC is happy to share that we have submitted openEO to OGC for consideration as an OGC community standard. More specifically, the submission document (opens new window) justifies why the openEO API specification (version 1.2.0) and the openEO process specification (version 1.2.0) are - from our point of view - a good candidate for an OGC community standard. We hope OGC accepts our documents and establishes the corresponding procedures soon.
The members of the openEO PSC voted to submit the justification document to OGC by unanimous consent. We are glad that the following OGC members confirmed to support the OCG submmissin of openEO:
- University of Münster - Institute for Geoinformatics
- Eurac Research
- VITO (Flemish Institute for Technological Research)
- GeoConnections - Natural Resources Canada
- European Space Agency (ESA)
- EOX IT Services GmbH
- Telespazio VEGA UK Ltd
- Planet Labs PBC
- German Aerospace Center – DLR
- Matthias Mohr - Softwareentwicklung
We'll keep you updated about the progress. The next step is likely a public request for comments.